Self-Esteem



I get so many E-mails and messages, about self esteem and weight management. These to go together.


Photobucket

Let me tell you, I came so far with my self esteem issue. Its normal in your teens to have self esteem issues, but if I knew then what I know now, I would save myself a lot of stress. 

Let me tell you little about my struggle with self esteem.... Back in a day around age 15 to about two years ago, I drove myself crazy, i cried , i talk bad about myself, I didn't want to look in a mirror a lot of times, i avoided people and places, just because I felt like I wasn't what society is used to look at or what to look at.

I was never a jealous person, but I would constantly ask over and over again, why cant I have what she, he, or they have....why can I look like she does or have that body or that outfit. It happened a lot, I wasn't jealous I was insecure about myself. It took a lot of time to get deeper into my life and find out reasons as to why I was feeling that way. 

I finally with help of self help books and a lot of reading and researching online, I figured out what was the main cause of me feeling that way. That second I said "  I am taking over my life, and its time for a change" I believe that saying " I am changing" is bull, only until you do it quietly and not for anyone else, but your self, only then it will work. I cleaned out my life, starting from the way I thinking and the way I do things to letting go of people that were not good for me. It was hard believe me it was hard, but ones I stuck to it and didn't give up, now looking back I see the reasons for low self esteem and things not going my way.

Photobucket

As to weight management, I never dieted. I love food, I am a foody. I just read a lot and decided that small portions and daily exercise is the way to go. Also vitamins and a lot of veggies and pure water is THE BEST. I am not for loosing weight or becoming skinny, I love my curvy body, I love my body. I am  using portions control for my health. I am not going to sit and lie that I don't eat fast food, I do, but I would choose Subway instead of McDonald's and if I choose McDonald's then I will eat the salad and drink water with it. 

Photobucket

I can stand when people say "....ohhh, I am on a diet, I am not eating fast food" Please, even fast food has think you can eat that are healthy. Eating veggie and breathing air wont last that long. 

Photobucket

There is an image that HOLLYWOOD has to have in order to MAKE IT! Many girls and women in our society want to follow that, you guys are not in HOLLYWOOD. YES, feeling good is the most important thing in the world, that's what keeps you going. But realize this, you are not in HOLLYWOOD, be the best you can be FOR YOUR SELF! 

You get the idea, I just get so sad when I see people feel down because of their self esteem. Come on people (ladies and gents) you are so unique, each and every one of you. YOU NEED BE EMBRACE THAT. Find a hobby that will make you feel happy, talk to someone that will lift your spirits up, do something that will make YOU happy. Its a long journey and I hope you will make the best of it. 

Photobucket

Popular Posts